If you think marijuana is just a drug, then you are wrong! You may not have heard about the benefits it offers! Excess of anything can cause problems, but if you take marijuana in a limited amount, then that can be a medication that even doctors prescribe. But, of course, that will not be easy for the person to get marijuana.
That is the reason why you need the medical marijuana card. If you live in New York, you should have a Medical Marijuana card, which is not easy to get. There are several requirements that they have to go through. But before that, they need to consult the physician and take their prescription whether they even need to have that or not.
While looking for a medical marijuana card, you must know about the qualifying conditions and everything. So, let’s get started!
A patient will be certified to use Medical Marijuana in New York; they should suffer from one of the following.
- Anxiety, Insomnia, Depression, PTSD, Panic Attacks, etc
- HIV or AIDS
- Chronic Pain ( Neck Pain, Severe Dysmenorrhoea, Fibromyalgia, Arthritis, Migraine, Back Pain, and many more)
- Opioid use disorder/ substance use disorder
- Severe or Persistent muscles
- Multiple sclerosis
Proof of Residency and Identification
While getting medical marijuana card, there is some proof of identification that you need to provide-
- A government-issued identification card that will contain the name and address of the New York State
- The driving license of New York state and just a Non-driver Card.
Once you receive the certificate, you must register online for the best medical marijuana card with the Health department.
How to apply?
Before you start the process of the medical marijuana application process, you need to meet the following requirements-
- A legal resident of New York
- The person’s age needs to be at least 18 years; in the case of minors, their caregiver must be at least 18 years or older.
- The person should have a certificate for medical cannabis from OCM.
To apply for the medical cannabis cards, there are a few steps that you need to follow, and those are-
- While applying for the medical marijuana application in NY, you must first work with the practitioner and meet the criteria. The practitioner must be a physician, nurse practitioner, and physician assistant.
- After that, you need to get your patient certification, but you can get that only when you will qualify for all the conditions for that. Once you get the certificate, you must upload it to the medical cannabis data for approval. You may also receive the certification in printed and signed copies.
- Once you get the certificate, you must complete the New York Medical Marijuana application that you must create, and the online form needs to be submitted. Even the patients who are not residents of New York but living there and receiving treatment can prove their primary residency by submitting the hospital bill, utility bill, or lease.
- After you submit the application and get it approved, you will receive the digital medical cannabis card, which you can print and use for 30 days. Medical cannabis patients can have five caregivers who can purchase on their behalf.
- Now, you can visit any dispensary in New York if you have a temporary card. You must remember that you should have the photo ID, which the government and the card issue.
How much does it cost to create a medical marijuana card?
The health department of New York has waived the medical fees of application for all the patients and their caregivers. You can get the card only if you qualify for the requirements. But as of January 2022, there is no long list of qualifying conditions that a patient has to meet to get the card.
They need certification from the practitioner for their treatment of the patient. Just after that, the patient will be eligible for the use of Medical cannabis.
How many days did you get the medical marijuana card in New York?
Once the application is approved, you need to receive the temporary card, which you can use for about 30 days. You can even receive the card in the mail about 7-8 days after the date of approval, which you get.
Where can a person find a temporary medical cannabis card?
You must log in to the official government site account if the application process is complete. You can select Health Application’ and then look for Medical Cannabis Data Management system .’There you will see three white lines, which will be available on the left side of the screen at the top, and then you need to select the ‘My Temporary Card’ options. After that, you can get your temporary ID card like the blue link to open.
The Final Words
These are the conditions a person must qualify for if they want to get the Medical Cannabis Card. It is short and easy, but you must be careful and have all the necessary documents.